Monday 5 May 2014

Hoop Hoop

I first clapped eyes on an original Powerhoop at my wonderful crazy friend’s house in June 2012.  There was wine involved.  It was messy.  


In January 2013 we went to a fitness class so we could both get in shape for our holidays later in the year.  My BMI is just in the overweight zone, but then again Lovely Husband does refer to me as the dwarf.


Crazy friend then informed me I would be joining her at a  ladies day at the gym, and we would be taking part in an attempt to break the Guinness  World Record for the largest Powerhoop exercise class ever!  Aye right!!  “But I’ve never hooped properly  … I don’t know how to do it … and I hate exercise …  and you want me to give up a Saturday for this????”

Loved it!  I was totally rubbish!!  I spent the next 45 minutes laughing and picking up my hoop! At some points they told us to move things like our arms or legs!! Ha ha ha.  Again, aye right!! 
And suddenly I realised I had done a 45 minute workout and was bathed in sweat and had laughed 90% of the time (except for the arm track!!)


I promptly bought my demo hoop and went home.  Lovely Husband was watching for me as I got out the car with this crazed grin on my face, wearing a Powerhoop T-shirt and a Powerhoop over my shoulder!

It's important that you know that I wasn't really a big fan of exercise.  So to find something that I enjoyed was a revelation.  So I can't just go to a class, can I - eejit.  I have to go the whole hog and become and instructor!

I spent the summer studying the first course, then attended the Powerhoop Instructor Training Day in October 2013.  I came home and again Lovely Husband was watching for me as I got out the car with this crazed grin on my face (shaking his head this time), wearing a Powerhoop Instructor T-shirt and a Powerhoop over my shoulder! 

I lost 5 and a half inches from my waist in 9 months.  Slim your waist, strengthen your core, exercise and giggle at the same time.  If you've not tried it you definitely should.  Will give you more gossip when classes restart in the summer.

Catch you later chickens x

No comments:

Post a Comment