Sunday 4 May 2014

Cranky Cat

Can you see where I'm going with this?  Don't get me wrong, I completely love her to pieces.  I remember when she was a tiny kitten and her first night in the house.  I wandered into the kitchen in the early hours of the morning for a drink and had to walk through the living room.  She was sitting on the couch and there was this noise coming from her.  She sounded like she had swallowed a machine!

I was way into my 30s when we got her and had never had any animals in my life before, far less in my house!!  I got the fright of my life.  I thought we had her one night and had broken her!  As it turns out it was her purring.  What an eejit I am.  (Translation, eejit is a Scottish word for idiot).

Gorgeous and beautiful kitten.  But they do say Dogs have owners and Cats have servants.  I didn't realise how true that was until we got Woofy last year.  He's a wee dream.  A Furry Shite at times, but a wee dream.  More about him another day.

Thought you might like to see her.  She has beautiful black and white markings and is very photogenic.  She had an accident last year and crushed her back left paw.  We spent the cost of a two week foreign holiday and two weeks trying to save it, but there had been too much damage, so she is now my beautiful three legged kitten.  She sleeps on the bed every night - I know I know, but it's lovely.

I scratch her head, chin and left side every day because she can't.  She has great contempt for the whole world but she tolerates me, Lovely Husband and Beautiful Daughter.  She even tolerates Woofy!  She just gives him the stare.  If he invades her personal space she disappears somewhere else for a while.  She sleeps for about 22 hours a day.  Most of them on our bed.  However, recently I find Beautiful Kitten and Woofy in the same room more often than not, often sleeping at either end of the bed.  (Don't worry I have a thing over the bed that I call the "cat cover" to keep the bed hair free).  She catifies everything she is near.  A furball.

We notice that she prefers to sit on cotton - 500 thread Egyptian Cotton is her particular favourite!  When she was in the small animal hospital last year for two weeks we had to take pillowcases up for her to sit on!  Of course I pander to her.  She's my beautiful kitten.

Anyway, enough for one night.  I'm off to hoop - again, more later!

Catch you later chickens x

No comments:

Post a Comment